- Championships are won by uncommon people because they are willing to do the things a common person won’t do. A common person is basically lazy and frightful. Uncommon people are not afraid and the greater the challenge; the greater their determination becomes.
- Championships are won while the stands are still empty.
- The ones who want to achieve and win championships motivate themselves.—Mike Ditka
- After all the cheers have died down and the stadium is empty... after you are back in the quiet of your room... and after all the pomp and fanfare have faded, the enduring thing that is left is the dedication to doing with our lives the very best we can to make the world a better place in which to live.—Vince Lombardi
- Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: a desire, a dream, a vision.—Muhammad Ali
- Being perfect is not about that scoreboard out there. It's not about winning. It's about you and your relationship with yourself, your family and your friends. Being perfect is about being able to look your friends in the eye and know that you didn't let them down because you told them the truth. And that truth is you did everything you could. There wasn't one more thing you could've done. Can you live in that moment as best you can, with clear eyes, and love in your heart, with joy in your heart? If you can do that gentleman - you're perfect!—Friday Night Lights
- In the world there are believers and then there are non-believers. For all of you non-believers out there, I have something to say to you...never underestimate the heart of a champion.—Rudy Tomjanovich
- It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great.—Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own
- I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'—Muhammad Ali
- If you don't have the desire to play, don't ruin it for those that do.
- There are no shortcuts. I approached practices the same way I approached games. You can't turn it on and off like a faucet. I couldn't dog it during practice and then, when I needed that extra push late in the game, expect it to be there. Very few people get anywhere by taking shortcuts.—Michael Jordan
The Coaching & Leadership Journal
Written specifically for busy leaders, the Coaching and Leadership Journal gives you the latest strategies in a concise, quick-read format.