Check Your Work

 


A store owner overheard a boy talking on his phone: 

Boy: Ma'am, can you give me the job of cutting your lawn?

Woman on phone: I already have someone to cut my lawn.

Boy: I will cut your lawn for half the price than the person who cuts your lawn now.

Woman: I’m very satisfied with the person who is presently cutting my lawn.

Boy: (with more perseverance) “I’ll even sweep the floor and the stairs of your house for free.

Woman: No, thank you.

With a smile on his face, he hung up. The store owner, who was listening to all this, walked over to the boy. “Son, I like your attitude; I like that positive spirit and would like to offer you a job.”

Boy: “No thanks.” “But you were really pleading for one,” the store owner said. “No Sir, I was just checking my performance at the job I already have. I am the one who is working for that lady I was talking to!” 

Moral? Always check your work and don’t take anything for granted! 



Leading Narratives: 
The perfect collection of stories, jokes and wits of wisdom for leaders

By Dan Spainhour

Paperback
6 x 9; 124 pages
$24.95




The book is available from our website & any place books are sold.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jim Larranaga’s Unique Motivational Ideas

Leadership Essentials

A Few Of The World’s Biggest Losers